Heating and Cooling loads in Offices
Offices often have a lower heating need than other buildings - there is generally no need for heating in the evenings or at weekends. They often have a low requirement for hot water, washing and kitchen facilities. With extensive use of glass in modern offices there can be large passive solar gains and this can lead to high cooling loads in summer. Offices often gain heat from use of computers and IT equipment. Interseasonal Heat Transfer can address these needs efficiently and economically by balancing the needs for heating and cooling within the building, and between the seasons.
Interseasonal Heat Transfer™ for Offices provides low carbon heat
- provides reliable, low-cost on site Renewable Heat for space heating by re-cycling solar energy
- saves over 70% of carbon emissions compared to using a gas boiler for heating
- provides reliable, low-cost, on site Renewable Cooling by re-cycling winter cold
- saves over 80% of carbon emissions compared to using standard air conditioning for cooling
- provides low-cost heat source for offices by using ThermalBanks as thermal stores
- reduces emissions by using re-cycled solar energy instead of burning fossil fuels
- prolongs the life of solar thermal panels by saving the heat in ThermalBanks instead of allowing them to overheat in summer
- attracts Renewable Heat Incentive cashback for use of ground source heat pumps
- attracts Renewable Heat Incentive cashback for use of solar thermal collectors
Interseasonal Heat Transfer™ provides green energy to offices ...
The combined benefits make IHT an attractive renewable energy choice for offices aiming for low energy use or aiming to meet Carbon Reduction Commitments.